Applying for a Visa
Pupils outside of the European Economic Area (EEC) or Switzerland who are looking to study in the United Kingdom must be sponsored by a learning establishment which holds a license to sponsor the migrant under the UK Border Agency's points based system. We are very proud to announce that Lime House School holds an A rated Tier 4 sponsor's license.
To qualify as a child student under Tier 4, a migrant must score 40 points. Points for initial applications and extensions are awarded as follows:
- Having a conformation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from a licensed sponsor containing an unconditional offer of a place on a course of study at an acceptable level (30 points)
- Having enough money to cover the course fees and monthly living costs for up to one year (10 points)
If you have accepted a place at Lime House School and live outside the EEA, it is very likely that you will need a travel visa before you are allowed to leave your own country to travel to the UK. The normal procedure for this is as follows:
- You will accept your place at Lime House School and pay the required registration and deposit.
- Upon completion of all documents required by the School, we will provide an official letter from the School confirming that your son/daughter will be studying here full-time and giving the dates of his/her stay in this country. The CAS number will be included in this letter.
- On receipt of this letter, you will then apply for a visa.
Our dedicated member of staff will arrange collection of Biometric Residency Permits (BRP) in the first two weeks of arrival.
If the Visa states that your son/daughter must register with the police we will arrange this.
For further information on studying in the UK please visit the UK Border Agency website at: