The majority of the pupils are full boarders although a small number are weekly boarders.
A team of Housemothers are in charge of the boarding from 6:00 pm each evening until 9:00 am the following morning.
All boys are housed in the main school, which consists of Rothley, Hawksdale, Lonsdale and Salkeld boarding areas.
All girls are housed in a separate building – ‘The Cottage’- which is adjacent to the main building.
- Pupils are encouraged to personalise their own dormitory area.
- Dormitories are based on 2 – 4 people sharing.
- Well equipped common rooms
- All have well equipped dormitories with Sky TV
Extra Boarding Evening Activities include:
- and a range of sporting activities in the sports hall which are supervised from 6:30p.m. – 9:30p.m.
Extra Boarding Weekend Activities include:
- Ice skating
- Museum visits
- Shopping Centres
- Football matches
- Cultural visits.
Many pupils are involved in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme or play sports for local clubs.
All students are registered with the local Doctors and the school offers an insurance scheme for the local Emergency Dental service.